Translate

11 April 2014

Chapter 1: April 11

“Yes, I remember father,” Enosh said impatiently. “You have told me since I was bounced on your knee that the earth will be judged. I learned all Adam’s prophecies from the time I could first speak. But even you admit the people of Siriad are still a good people. God will spare those faithful to Him. Do not worry yourself with this. These things won’t happen in our lifetimes.”

“I don’t know when they will be my son,” Seth reprimanded him gently, “but I know they will come. Not so many will be saved as you expect. I saw it all.”

At this, the people in the crowd began to whisper to each other. The robed figure observed the crowd in front of him, noting the panic on their faces and the anxiety of their speech. His own face was expressionless as he continued to witness the events that were unfolding in the room.


Seth interrupted, leaning forward from his pillows to quiet them with the urgency in his voice, “Please, listen. I have more to say and not much time.” He took a few deep breaths as if the exertion of getting their attention was almost too much for his dying lungs and then continued,  “We all know things have changed and continue changing for the worse. The okale in the wild lands turned to bloodlust quickly and other creatures have followed this violent path. Men are fighting amongst each other for sport. You all know what happened when Cain allowed sin to master him. It became the death of a brother I never knew.” At this, those present either shook their heads in sorrow or nodded in agreement.

The entire first chapter of The Corruption – Book 1 in The Age of the Watchers – will be published on this blog throughout the month of April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment