Translate

06 April 2014

Chapter 1: April 6

He looked again at the man holding his hand and spoke slowly in a hoarse but firm voice, “Enosh my dear son, you have grown into a fine man, listening and observing all that I have shown you.” He paused a few moments to take some labored breaths. “You are my first born, and have helped me in leading our brothers and sisters in a manner that is just and fair.” He paused again. “My time on this earth is growing short, and it is to you, Enosh, that I leave the responsibility of governing the people of Padooth.” 

Enosh glanced downward and then looked at the old man. He shook his head as he replied, “Father, I am not sure that I can bear such a burden as leading these people properly.”

His father smiled and stroked the side of his son’s cheek with the back of his right hand. “Do not be afraid my son. I felt the same way when my father, Adam, passed this office to me. Therefore, I shall give you the same advice that was given to me by your grandfather. I can remember the words as if it were only an hour ago. He said, ‘Seth, my child, do not rely on your own strength or your own wisdom, but rely upon the wisdom of the Almighty Almighty and follow his ways.’ … So, my child, make sure you follow His ways and listen to His wisdom. Keep Him close to your heart. Don’t trust in yourself because your might and understanding are but a grain of sand on the beaches of God’s wisdom and power.” Seth smiled with a twinkle in his eye, leaned toward Enosh’s ear while pulling him closer, and said in a whisper, “Of course, my father also said, ‘this is all easier said than done’.”


The entire first chapter of The Corruption – Book 1 in The Age of the Watchers – will be published on this blog throughout the month of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment