Translate

23 April 2014

Chapter 1: April 23

 “Us?” Halel chuckled. “I already gained power for myself. I am master over death and hold the key to the fate of man. Because man was willing to enter a covenant with me by disobeying ‘Him’, I have already become the god of this world. Though I, myself, will not be satisfied until the very throne of Heaven is mine,” Halel raised his arm toward Heaven and clinching his fist as though he were squashing something in it. “I retain sympathy for my brothers who have not yet escaped their chains. If you join with me, you can have whatever freedoms you desire.”

“What difference is it to free yourself from one just to serve another?” Jeqon asked, although it seemed serving Halel would be far more glorious that serving mortal creatures.

“I’m not asking you to serve me. I already have many who are willing to do that. I want you to join me side-by-side as equals so that we may overcome the One that has dealt us this injustice. United, we will suceed. So, tell me honestly Jeqon, does my offer interest you?”


“I find it to be an interesting proposal, but there must be some information you are leaving out. It all seems too easy.”

“I can see you are not one to miss minor details. I like that in an accomplice,” Halel smiled. “There is a small detail I neglected to mention. You see, I would need more than just your allegiance. You do not have influence over many. Shemihazah, on the other hand, has the influence to bring others in your council with him to aid in my plan.”

“And what plan is that?”

The entire first chapter of The Corruption – Book 1 in The Age of the Watchers – will be published on this blog throughout the month of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment