Translate

28 April 2014

Chapter 1: April 28

“It seems that you have come to the same conclusion as myself, Jeqon.” The stranger’s hood fell so low over his head it almost concealed his entire face. Jeqon recognized the voice at the same time the stranger removed the hood revealing onyx black curls and a handsome, oblong face.

“Asbel,” Jeqon said in shock. “What are you doing here? Were you not sent elsewhere?”

Asbel chuckled. “I wasn’t sent elsewhere,” he said. “When I was called for this assignment, I told Shemihazah that there were pressing affairs in Metsad that could not be entrusted to a subordinate. I suggested he send you here. You see, Halel came to me in Habahrem. Personally, I find him to be quite remarkable.” Asbel looked over to the dark angel, and Halel bowed his head in acknowledgment of the compliment. “Nothing on this earth and little in Heaven escapes his notice even my whereabouts.

“He made me a generous offer, but I knew that anything I were to suggest would be dismissed. Everyone knows what little esteem I have for our current arrangement and how easily I would be willing to change my situation. I recommended he recruit you. I assume you accepted this chance to change our group’s dismal fate. Together, we should be able to convince our brothers to join us.” 

“I have almost decided,” Jeqon remarked. His pride swelled in the presence of the lower ranking angel. “There is one very important issue that has not been discussed. When we abandon our posts, we shall no longer know what is happening in the Heavenly realms. This will put us at a disadvantage if there is some offensive action taken toward us. How do you expect to deal with that?”

“There is no need to worry,” Halel responded quickly. “I shall make sure no offensive action takes place against you. As always, I have a plan for dealing with it,” Halel finished with a charming grin.

The entire first chapter of The Corruption – Book 1 in The Age of the Watchers – will be published on this blog throughout the month of April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment