Translate

21 April 2014

Chapter 1: April 21

Jeqon suddenly realized his precarious position. He wondered how he managed to go from bad to worse. He remained silent and motionless while his thoughts raced at full speed. What was this being doing trying to speak with him? Was this some trap? Did Michael…? But, no, he knew that Michael would have nothing to do with this cherub.

“Ah, wait… of course,” the being said, clasping his hands together. “How rude of me. I have not introduced myself to you.”

“There is no need for that, I know who you are…” replied Jeqon lowering his voice to a whisper, “Halel.”

“Very well then, am I right in guessing who you are?” Halel questioned, pleased that Jeqon responded.
“I suppose that depends on what you want,” replied Jeqon raising his chin a little and allowing his arrogance once again to get the best of him. The majestic figure turned and strode to the right of Jeqon.


Jeqon blinked in surprise because although the creature’s body was not facing him, the being’s face still looked directly at him. However, it was no longer the face of the delicately handsome angel, which he had just seen, but instead it was the face of a mighty red bull. Two dark horns poked through its helmet top. Although startled, Jeqon rapidly regained his composure when he remembered the cherubim had not one, but four faces. 

“What I want?” he said coyly, in a musically deep bass. “What I want is the same thing that you want. You and I are very similar in our wants. That is why I came to you.”

The entire first chapter of The Corruption – Book 1 in The Age of the Watchers – will be published on this blog throughout the month of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment