Translate

09 April 2014

Chapter 1: April 9

Kenan, with the blush still on his cheeks, nodded his head and replied, “I shall.”

Seth then looked beyond Kenan. Unlike the others surrounding the bed, his features showed no signs of age. His blue eyes showed slight sorrow, but still twinkled with the passion and persistence of youth. His firm skin stretched over his face in an even medium brown tone. Chocolate brown hair covered his head and firm jaw.

“Mahalalel, you have grown into a strong man. You have been a great help in keeping our people safe from the dangers that lurk outside these walls. Continue in this so that our people can live in peace and not fear.” At this, Seth’s face turned from one of gentleness to one that was deeply troubled.

Surprised, Mahalalel quickly questioned him, “Do you think this task will be too great for me grandfather? Are you worried that I will fail to do as you have asked?”

“No, no, Mahalalel it is not that,” Seth reassured him. “It is a vision that I had as I slept last night… a vision that my father told me he had received as well.”

“You mean the Vision of Judgment?” Enosh asked, slightly alarmed.

“Yes,” Seth nodded. “For the past few days, I felt my time on this earth growing to a close. I knew my father received an important vision before he left. That is the reason why I summoned as many to my presence as I could.”

“But father,” Enosh interjected, “you were fine a few days ago. I would not have guessed until this last hour you would be leaving us.”

The entire first chapter of The Corruption – Book 1 in The Age of the Watchers – will be published on this blog throughout the month of April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment